WHAT IS TECHCAREERS – TRAINING FOR WORK IN TECHNOLOGY?
TECHCareers, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, providing job search support to unemployed EI eligible Albertans, semi-skilled and skilled needing employment change support, short term skill development and workforce adjustment.
Funded by the Alberta Ministry of Labour & Immigration.
Qualifications for TECHCareers:
- A current resident of Alberta
- 18 years of age or older
- Currently unemployed or EI eligible & contact Manpower to define eligibility
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Ready, willing, and able to participate in full time employment
Important facts about TECHCareers:
- The program is entirely government-funded with zero cost to the participants
- TECHCareers is offered to those in the Edmonton & Area
Transitional Employment Services:
TECHCareer’s Transitional Employment Service offers;
- group-based workshops, individualized coaching, networking opportunities, and on-going support to help job seekers secure meaningful and sustainable employment.
- Our team supports job seekers with resumes, cover letters, interview prep, LinkedIn support & short course access.
- Our Job Placement Consultants develop relationships with suitable employers with the goal of connecting them with individuals who are ready, willing and able to participate in full time employment.
About Workplace Training & On-the-Job Training:
- Workplace Training is intended to provide individual-focused training or work experience to enable individuals to find and maintain employment. Workplace Training has two streams for job seekers: On-the-job Training & Paid Work Experience. Job Seekers can be placed in a stream depending on what is the best option for the individual, determined by the TECHCareers team.
Interested job seekers, please send resume to: