WHAT IS TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants?
TECHCareers, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, designed in partnership with ReTrain Canada to provide Cybersecurity training to Immigrant Albertans seeking employment in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) field with a specialization in Cybersecurity.
Funded by the Alberta Ministry of Labour & Immigration.
Important facts about TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants:
- The program is entirely government-funded with zero cost to the participants
- TECHCareers is offered in Calgary, Alberta
- Courses are developed and delivered by ReTrain Canada, a leading-edge training provider in Cybersecurity.
- Provides complete end-to-end preparation for the Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) certification, which is recognized globally as one of the best designations in the field.
What’s Included in the Program?
Manpower’s TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants Program Includes:
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals and Operating Systems
- Introduction to Kali Linux, Bash and PowerShell scripting
- Basic encryption
- Passive and Active Information Gathering, Vulnerability Scanning and Web Application Attacks
- Lab time for Penetration Testing and real-life simulations
- Soft skills training and OSCP exam preparation
- Networking opportunities
TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants Program Structure:
- 1 week of employability skills training
- 12 weeks of technical training
- 4 weeks of unpaid work experience
- 3-month access to job placement assistance
To Join TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants You Must Be:
- A skilled immigrant with prior education and/or experience in the ICT area of training, and who is requiring assistance to bridge gaps in knowledge or skills in order to gain employment in ICT or another related occupation into which their skills can transfer
- 18 years of age or older and out of the secondary school system for more than 1 year
- A current resident of Alberta
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7 or greater
- Unemployed or marginally employed
- EI eligible view GOA site for details
- Be ready, willing, and able to commit to full-time training and employment
Now accepting applications for March 1st training start.
Please contact us with the information below.