WHAT IS TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants?
TECHCareers, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, designed in partnership with ReTrain Canada to provide Cybersecurity training to Immigrant Albertans seeking employment in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) field with a specialization in Cybersecurity.
Funded by the Alberta Ministry of Labour & Immigration.
Important facts about TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants:
- The program is entirely government-funded with zero cost to the participants
- TECHCareers is offered in Calgary, Alberta
- Courses are developed and delivered in Partnership with ReTrain Canada, a leading-edge training provider in Cybersecurity.
What’s Included in the Program?
Manpower’s TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants Program Includes:
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals and Operating Systems
- Introduction to Kali Linux, Bash and PowerShell scripting
- Basic encryption
- Passive and Active Information Gathering, Vulnerability Scanning and Web Application Attacks
- Lab time for Penetration Testing and real-life simulations
- ReTrain Canada Cybersecurity designation exam
- Networking opportunities
TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants Program Structure:
- 1 week of employability skills training
- 12 weeks of technical training
- 4 weeks of unpaid work experience
- 3-month access to job placement assistance
To Join TECHCareers – Cybersecurity Training for Immigrants You Must Be:
- A skilled immigrant with prior education and/or experience in the ICT area of training
- 18 years of age or older and out of the secondary school system for more than 1 year
- A current resident of Calgary and surrounding areas
- Canadian Citizen, or Permanent Resident, legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7 or greater
- Unemployed or marginally employed working less than 20 hours a week
- EI eligible (preferred) view GOA site for details
- Be ready, willing, and able to commit to full-time training and employment
Our next program will begin August 29th, 2022
Please contact us with the information below.