WHAT IS TECHCareers?
TECHCareers is a Calgary based training program funded by the Alberta Ministry of Labour & Immigration, powered by Manpower through partnership with Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT).
- The program provides Data Analysis training and foundation in analytics, predictive analytics tools, probability, statistics, and develop the ability to solve practical problems in business scenarios, answering business questions, and predict opportunities & possibilities (includes Data Analysis and Dimensional Modeling, Statistics using Python and ML, Data Literacy, and Business Analytics).
- Intake Date: May 30, 2022
- Course Provider: SAIT
Course Overview & Snippet of Curriculum:
- Employability Skills: Resume, LinkedIn, Networking, Interviewing
- Foundation in emerging technologies (IoT, AI, ML, Blockchain, RPA, X-Reality, etc.)
- Data Analysis and Dimensional Modeling, Statistics using Python and Machine Learning, Data Literacy, and Business Analytics).
- Digital transformation and culture, design thinking.
- Real-life Projects
The TC program is a 14-weeks program, see breakdown as follows:
- 1 week of employability skills (Manpower)
- 1 week of emerging digital technologies training at SAIT
- 12 weeks of intensive technical training at SAIT
- Work experience and real-world projects
- Access to job search/placement assistance
- Training and Services delivered virtually by SAIT
Eligibility requirement & how to apply
- Unemployed or Marginally employed working less than 20 hours/week
- Must be 18 + years
- Out of High School for minimum of 1 year
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident, legally entitled to work in Canada
- Resident of Calgary and surrounding areas
- Ready, Willing and Able to commit to full time training
- EI eligible