WHAT IS TECHCareers – Software Developer Training?
TECHCareers, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, designed in partnership with SAIT to provide Software Developer training to Albertan professionals pivoting into the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) fields.
Funded by the Alberta Ministry of Labour & Immigration.
Important facts about TECHCareers:
- The program is entirely government-funded with zero cost to the participants
- TECHCareers is offered in Calgary, Alberta
- Courses are taught and provided by the Information Communication Technology (ICT) department from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Certification is industry-recognized
What’s Included in the Program?
Manpower’s TECHCareers: Software Developer Training Program Includes:
- Object-oriented programming language (Python)
- Database Concepts & Development (SQL)
- Project management concepts
- Presentation & soft skills training
- Networking opportunities
TECHCareers: Software Developer Training Program Structure:
- 1 week of employability skills training
- 17 weeks of technical training
- 8 weeks of unpaid work experience
- 3-month access to job placement assistance
To Join TECHCareers: Software Developer Training You Must Be:
- 18 years of age or older and out of the secondary school system for more than 1 year
- A current resident of Alberta
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 8 or greater
- Unemployed or marginally employed (working <20hrs/week)
- EI eligible view GOA site for details
- Be ready, willing, and able to commit to full-time training and employment