Learn more about whether TECHCareer is right for you!
Our applications are currently closed, we will be actively accepting applications for our June 2020 class in March of 2020. Please add your name to our waitlist by completing the inquiry form.
Our applications are currently closed, we will be actively accepting applications for our June 15th 2020 class in March of 2020. Please add your name to our waitlist by completing the inquiry form.
Manpower has been awarded a contract from Alberta's Ministry of Labour to develop the 26 week TECHCareers program to assist unemployed Albertan's pivot into Alberta's growing Tech industry and develop the necessary skills to be successful in the current labour market.
Important facts about TECHCareers:
- The program is entirely government funded with zero cost to the participants
- TECHCareers is offered in both Calgary & Edmonton
- Courses are taught and provided by the Information Communication Technology (ICT) department from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Certification is industry recognized
To join TECHCareers you must be:
- 18 years of age or older and out of the secondary school system for more than 1 year
- A current resident of Alberta
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 8 or greater
- Unemployed or marginally employed (working <20hrs/week)
- EI eligible view GOA site for details
- Be ready, willing, and able to commit to full-time training and employment
Information about the course content (subject to change):
- Object-oriented programming language (Python)
- Database Concepts & Development (SQL)
- Project management concepts
- Presentation & soft skills training
- Networking opportunities
TECHCareers program structure:
- 1 week of employability skills training
- 17 weeks of technical training
- 8 weeks of unpaid work experience
- 3-month access to job placement assistance
The TECHCareers program has a limited number of seats available and should you not be successful through the application process, we aim to assist each applicant by connecting them to the right resources based on their unique circumstances.
The application process for the TECHCareers program is as follows:
- Attend an information session
- Complete the TECHCareers Career Investigation Report
- Complete the TECHCareers pre-screening process
- Interview with the Program Coordinator one-on-one
- Complete the application package and submit for review
Should you require any further information please feel free to complete the inquiry form and connect with one of our staff or send an email to email@example.com to learn more today!
We are opening applications as of November 1st, 2019 for a February 3rd, 2020 start date. Please RSVP for an Info Session at: firstname.lastname@example.org for event details and to learn more about our program.
December 18th, 1:00 PM