Learn more about whether TECHCareer is right for you!
We are actively accepting applications for our January 25th, 2021 class. Please submit your application by completing the inquiry form.
We are actively accepting applications for our June 15th 2020 class. Please submit your application by completing the inquiry form.
Manpower has been awarded a contract from Alberta's Ministry of Labour to develop the 26 week TECHCareers program to assist unemployed Albertan's pivot into Alberta's growing Tech industry and develop the necessary skills to be successful in the current labour market.
Important facts about TECHCareers:
- The program is entirely government funded with zero cost to the participants
- TECHCareers is offered in both Calgary & Edmonton
- Courses are taught and provided by the Information Communication Technology (ICT) department from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- Certification is industry recognized
To join TECHCareers you must be:
- 18 years of age or older and out of the secondary school system for more than 1 year
- A current resident of Alberta
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 8 or greater
- Unemployed or marginally employed (working <20hrs/week)
- EI eligible view GOA site for details
- Be ready, willing, and able to commit to full-time training and employment
Information about the course content (subject to change):
- Object-oriented programming language (Python)
- Database Concepts & Development (SQL)
- Project management concepts
- Presentation & soft skills training
- Networking opportunities
TECHCareers program structure:
- 1 week of employability skills training
- 17 weeks of technical training
- 8 weeks of unpaid work experience
- 3-month access to job placement assistance
The TECHCareers program has a limited number of seats available and should you not be successful through the application process, we aim to assist each applicant by connecting them to the right resources based on their unique circumstances.
The application process for the TECHCareers program is as follows:
- Attend an information session
- Complete the TECHCareers Career Investigation Report
- Complete the TECHCareers pre-screening process
- Interview with the Program Coordinator one-on-one
- Complete the application package and submit for review
Should you require any further information please feel free to complete the inquiry form and connect with one of our staff or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more today!
We are actively accepting applications for our January 25th, 2021 class.
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
All sessions will start from 10:00 am to 11:00 am.
To attend, please send an email to email@example.com.
Info Sessions for our 2021 Classes TBA. Please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquires.